ad

London tops most expensive property league for EU members

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
It will come as no surprise to learn that London is the most expensive city amongst European Union members and those waiting to join. The difference in pricing between London and the second most expensive city, Paris, will surprise many as will the fact that the UK as a whole is only the fourth most

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Continue reading...

N

nmb

It is not really a surprise to see London by far and away the most expensive European city but the UK at number four in the country league table, that did surprise me.

L

lookinginvest

The fact the cost of property in London is more than double that of its nearest rival Paris says everything about the cost of London property. In reality how high can London property prices go before investors start to look elsewhere for better value?

N

nmb

It was interesting to see that the vast majority of voters living in London voted in favour of remaining part of the European Union. There is even crazy talk of London applying for some kind of special dispensation to be part of the European Union. However, how might an eventual UK exit from the European Union impact London property prices?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I don't believe the risk/reward ratio for London properties is attractive at current levels or even at a significant discount. I prefer to stick with properties which have potential for long-term capital growth as well as attractive rental yields. Rental yields in many areas of London are minimal compared to the UK average.

L

lookinginvest

Hi @Longterminvestor it will be interesting to see whether foreign investors in the UK property market do switch to yield based investments as opposed to capital gains focused investments in the short to medium term.

N

nmb

While the cost of London property looks extremely expensive compared to European counterparts let us not forget the financial industry employment opportunities in central London, the services available and the standard of living. Do the likes of Paris really compare with London on these issues?