Logistics??

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tobuis

Hi
Can anyone help?
I have decided to get my log cabin from the UK and ship it over.
But I can't find out who can do it for me and how much. I need it taken to Tabua.
It will weigh about 200kg and it is a flatpack.
If anyone has any experience of this and could pass on any info I would be very grateful.
Also woould I have to pay any import duty, I don't want to get slammed with any bills that are unexpected.
I thank you all in advance for any help you can give.

L

lena green

The weight is wrong, it weighs just twice as much as me, is it dog kennel sized.?
You have a problem here in import duties wherever you are going, ask yourself.Is it worth dismanling charges, shipping charges,import duty,re assmembly charge, land charge to build on and final setting up charge.

Maybe better off leaving it where it is and drawing rentals.........or set it on fire and draw insurance !!

T

Tobuis

Logistics

Hi Lena
Thanks for the reply, I should have given more detail and your right about the weight.
It is a brand new log cabin, never been erected before ready to assemble and it weighs 2000kg not 200kg.
Thank you again

L

lena green

Ah, now thats different. Whereabouts is it now. Log cabins and all factory made homes are big business in the retirement and holiday home arenas. Its the eco-friendly alternative to concrete and for todays youngsters not being able to afford to even get on the housing ladder, its a great alternative. After all, it has al the main components, i.e roof, walls, floor, doors and windows, what goes inside is dependant on whats in your purse.
Personally, I would aim it someplace where it can be rented out for big bucks.Like on the edge of a golf course right on the 18th hole...............and guess what !, I just happen to know of one........
Whats your real intentions

L

lena green

Tabua

Hi again,

If its the Tabua in Portugal, just stick it on the back of a wagon and drive it here. I say 'here' as thats where I am.................but on the Algarve living very near the previously mentioned 18th hole.

T

Tobuis

Golf Course?

Hi Lena
The log home is in the UK at the moment.

Yes it is Tabua in Portugal, this is where my land is.

Have you got an address for the golf course?

Is it established?

Any pictures?

I would like to know what log cabins you are looking for on the golf course as there are many to choose from. i.e. standard single floor 5m x 6m with a veranda
Is there electric and plumbing onsite?

Have you got a contract for me to look at?

What is the financial deal, I am not a golfer.

L

lena green

answers

Hi Tobuis

The golf course will be built next year along with the rest of the site.It has already passed planning and finance is being arranged now.

The area is Silves.

Come to me off board at [email protected] for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.