ad

How green is your house?

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date
T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Green technology, environmentally friendly regulations and an array of new services now mean that homes around the world can in theory be more environmentally friendly/green than ever before. So, how green is your house? How environmentally friendly are you? Has this had an impact upon the value of your property?

S

samanthaflax02

Banned
Being eco-friendly isn’t just about preventing harm to the environment, but preventing harm to your health too.
And i am very much concerned about my health environment.

G

georgestanley032

I would have to agree with samantha about being eco-friendly. In my house, our yard is surrounded by a few trees and lots of small plants. I am very particular about the correct way of handling the garbage. Aside from that, we follow rules with regards to keeping the environment safe and clean.

K

killdeerhomes

Yes i also agree being eco friendly keep you safe.so keep your house clean and stay healthy.

R

risha kakkar

Banned
Planting is best option

Nice discussion on environmental health. Me too very concious about my health. So I keep environment neat and clean near to my home. Even I love planting. :tee:

L

laxmanavantika

In the name of green homes many started dumping resources and many started building theirs as a home of luxury. Of course many villages and towns are now marching towards urbanisation in major parts of Kerala leading the way to the rise many new builders. Moreover Imagine a 500-square foot flat that costs about six lakhs. The cheap and eco-friendly house has been designed by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras which hopes it has delivered a model for housing projects that can be used by the government for the poor. View more by googling the term "the six-lakh home from IIT Madras" . If such economic and green homes come into existence, it will be for all the middle class residents. Will our brand new builders look into these quality economic homes.

T

ThomasD

Very nice & informative discussion about healthy environment.Thanks for sharing.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
The term “green property” means something very different today than it did when the term initially emerged. It is interesting to see people talking about not only eco-friendly properties but properties which enhance the health of those living there. This is a whole different subject - albeit very interesting.

PropertyMoose

PropertyMoose

Property Moose
Premium Member
We believe there's been a significant rise in "Tiny Homes" for this exact reason. Many people are choosing to downsize to smaller properties in an attempt to live a greener life. Tiny houses can be incredibly cheap to run, are often fully insulated and may only require a small amount of energy to heat them. The small living trend is a lot bigger than it sounds!

R

realdeals

I totally agree, today I saw a video about a property which is built with wood slats and there is no need for nails or glue. The insulation is sawdust which is placed in between the wooden slats. An interesting angle?