Help !! - buying land

O

obi

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a small amount of land in Ouarzazate. As a foreigner (British) I know little about the process involved when aquiring a portion of land in Morocco. All I have at this moment is my interest and the understanding I will need the assistance of a notaire.

Can anyone help ? Is there a book, website or trustworthy person I can go to ?

What are the obstacles, what should I be immediately aware of and what is important to understand, all particularly as a foreigner.

How do I find available plots in Ouarzazate ?

Thanks in advance.

L

LOUKIC

buying land

Hi,

My advice: make sure that the land is titled and registered at the land registry.
As a foreigner, you are not entitled to buy agricultural land. If the land you are planning to buy is agricultural (in most cases it is),you will need to apply for a VNA certificate to change the status of the land before the signature of the deed ("acte de vente").

Last edited by a moderator:
O

obi

Hi,

My advice: make sure that the land is titled and registered at the land registry.
As a foreigner, you are not entitled to buy agricultural land. If the land you are planning to buy is agricultural (in most cases it is),you will need to apply for a VNA certificate to change the status of the land before the signature of the deed ("acte de vente").
Hello Loukic,

If you add me as a friend on these forums I'm sure we can communicate further or then be able to PM each other. Or there could be a way for us to communicate outside these forums.

Thanks.

H

homeowner

How about buying and establishing a business in Morocco? Since the arab spring I was wondering about establishing a dive center. Will there be problems? What to keep in mind?