ad

Hello - Newbie here

N

nicole2403

Hi all,

I am new to this site so be gentle,
It has been a passion of mine to become a property developer for the past 7 years. But i have been unable to pursue this as life happened (got married has kids and taken a few years out of work) that sort of thing. Anyway the desire i have is as strong if not stronger than ever. My husband and I both work and have started saving towards this and according to my maths we should be able to make our first purchase early 2017.
We do not own our own home but we would like to buy renovate and sell on. I would like to think a know a fair bit about property as i have been researching for the last 7yrs i have also attended a few auctions to get a feel for things.

Any advise or words of encouragement would be appreciated. If anyone has any ideas on how i can maybe increase my savings pot i am open to it. We even tried buying and selling cars from auctions to earn extra money but this didnt work out for us:(

Thanks for reading.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Nicole!

Welcome to the forum! Please ask all the questions you like on here by posting new discussions and we'll all help as best we can!

The simple answer to your question (how to increase he savings pot) is there are many ways and all in property!

Here are a few suggestions:
Learn how to deal source (and sell on the deals)
Operate some rent to rent properties
Become a small buyers agent or similar niche service
Source lease option deals (many of which require minimal capital outlay)

I would highly recommend you shift your focus to property education (rather than a sideline business which is not property related). There are lots of books out there and networking meetings to get you started.

If you'd like some more formal education to really kick start your property career and knowledge then we offer mentoring packages which will earn you 100x their cost on time and opportunity savings over your property career. If I knew what I knew now 10 years ago I'd have a £500m portfolio rather than £20m...

http://www.propertyforum.com/mentorship-opportunity

Anyway I'm extremely excited for you and you will LOVE property, I know I do...

N

nmb

In some ways it is unfortunate that you not able to take advantage of the current low interest rates in the UK. However, it is good to see that you are thinking rationally and planning to invest only when you can afford to do so. I would suggest reading as much feedback and comment about not only the UK property market but the worldwide property market prior to your planned investment in 2017. To be forewarned is to be forearmed and while it is unlikely any of us will ever again experience the economic climate we have today, which began back in 2008, it is all a learning curve.