ad

Have you ever tried a contrarian investment strategy?

N

nmb

While there is nothing wrong in following the markets, the trend is your friend, etc, have you ever tried a contrarian investment strategy? History shows us that when markets are in favour or out-of-favour the movement in prices can be dramatic. Are you brave enough to buy on the way down when markets are struggling? Are you clever enough to sell when there seems more upside in an already overinflated market?

L

lookinginvest

Until I am a bit more confident about property investment I think I will follow the trends and see where they take me. The idea of going against the market does interest me in the longer term but I would need to do more research and have more confidence in my own decision-making ability.

N

nmb

There is certainly money to be made with contrarian investment approaches put you may have to invest your money for a relatively long period of time to maximise returns. While nothing is ever set in stone, overbought and oversold markets will at some point revert to more traditional valuation methods. The key to going against the market trend is to drip feed your money into the markets or out of the markets in case your timing is slightly off.