ad

Has the trend towards eco-friendly properties begun to fade?

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date
T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
There is no doubt that an array of eco-friendly policies by various governments around the world, financial incentives and the general consensus that eco-friendly properties are the future led to a significant improvement in this area of the property market.

However, do you believe that the trend towards eco-friendly properties will continue in the longer term or is it beginning to fade?

C

charlijay

I would hope to see it continue - particularly as government legislation gets tighter on making properties more environmentally sustainable. But I suppose in a post-recession market where people to make and sell fast - we might see construction companies just wanting to 'get the job done' quicker, which might mean cutting out sourcing eco-friendly materials and technologies.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Charlijay

I think eco-friendly properties will have their day again when the economy picks up and money is not so tight. Its hard to afford luxuries when money is tight.

Regards,

Mark

K

killdeerhomes

Yes i also want it to be continue for clean and healthy environment.

G

georgestanley032

I don't think so. Many homeowners are now conscious on keeping the environment clean and green. Hopefully this will continue in the future. Though I also think some construction companies would do the "easy way" thus neglecting producing eco-friendly materials. Producing these materials can be quite costly.