France or Spain?

A

anahidtasha

Hi,

I definitely think it's a matter of personal choice, but myself I think I would go with the Spain option. France is lovely but I do think the people in Spain are just that little bit more friendlier.... and costs wise well Spain is definitely better value for money...
Keep us all posted on what you choose! And don't forget that whichever you do choose you can easily travel to the other one! hehe
xxxx

A

AlfredRupp

If you have decided to buy a property in Spain, there has never been a better time to buy now. Interest rates are low at the moment and there is an absolutely fabulous selection of properties to choose from.

R

rowlandsbb

There are also some very good deals from Banks
CAM Bank repo are up to 30% discount on asking prices and will listen to offers
Also 80% LTV mortgages for non residents and asking prices from 48.600€ for a nice 1 bed in Costa Blanca
Also some Poalris World where the prices for a 3 bed unit has come down from circa 156K € to circa 100 €
From all reports there are some good deals also in France but overall more expensive and the weather in Winter is not as good as Southern Spain, Almeria in particular

M

michalcarib

Having live in both countries, I would say Spain. better climate, more open people, more relaxed. France is beautiful, for British Spain and UK have better relations than French and UK. In my experience.

Find it easier to get on in Spain.
I do agree with this. Its better to and easier to get on in Spain. Even it is the best time to buy in Spain, as the interest rates are also low.
Good Luck.

D

davidhd

I don't know about Spain property as i am attached to Spain. But a property in France is also a Golden Investment opportunity . My personal place of interest is Cote d Azur region in south France.

D

Damian George

think as long as the beer is cheap, sun is shining and the beach uncrowded i would take either

T

TKline

I can't believe how cheap property is in France (compared to Australia where I live). You can buy a castle, yes a whole bloody castle, in France for the same price as a 2 bedroom unit in some parts of Sydney. That's unbelieveable!

P

propertiescostablanca

Andalucia is quiet nice, but i can really recommend the Costa Blanca. Perfect climate... superb areas