ad

Development finance under LTD company name

P

pow

Hi all

Corporate finance is a little knew to me.

I am a director of a LTD company & was hoping this year to invest the profits made in to a development project.

What problems am I likely to encounter?

Thank for any help you can give

Lee

B

Barny

This is certainly a thread I'd be interested in learning more about, mainly because one of my directors at my normal place of work buys and develops property through a company him and a business partner founded.

When speaking to him briefly about things before, he's a very hard man to get to talk about anything outside of our normal IT world, hence my interest, and he's always hinted that as a business they are always able to get access to mortgages with better rates than a normal BTL investor but whether he means they are 90% - 100% LTV as an example or the interest rates are different, I'm not sure.

The main negative he's said about is that when buying a property as a company, the agents always give 14 days notice in their ad's showing "an offer of £x has been received and anyone with a higher offer is encouraged to contact the agents". This is different for a normal buyer in that it's not publicised that an offer has been received.

As I say, he's a very hard person to get info out of so the above may be far from correct but are what I've assumed he means so would be interested to know if its accurate or not.

With regards to finance details, I expect there will be property focused accountants about who will be able to give you some information.