CI Bank Charges

JackRegan

JackRegan

Hello Forum

Wondering if any Bulgarian property owners have mortgages with CI Bank and are receiving new charges in relation to the property.

We bought a Bankso appt circa 2008 just prior to the crazyness, so at least it was built.

In 2012 the Bank emailed to say they were invoking a clause in the agreement that we need collateral insurance. I assume they are twitchy as the value is now lower than the mortgage. The statement is in the contract but regardless of how hard I tried I can get very little info out of the bank. Ie what the insurance covers, can we take alternative insurance, can they provide further details on the insurance other than an email. Just a continued, demand for 125 EURO and how to TX the money.

Thats been going back and forth since then, and they still cant provide answers to my questions so its in limbo.

This morning I received a new payment demand :

"From the beginning of this year the internal audit of CIBANK EAD /Bulgaria/ and external audit requested from us a current market valuation of each mortgage credits"​

I think another clause invocation from the contract but the section they refer to is very vague. But they seem to want 300 EURO for the privilege of what I think valuing our property.

I've no doubt both charges are legitimate but wondering what other people, if they have CI Bank mortgages have come across.