ad

Buying new flat, developer only give 10 days notice before completion?

M

mephisto

Hi there,

I'm buying my second property and I'll move there once finish and rent out my current flat. The property is still being built so the developer solicitor's is giving 10 days notice on the contract to move in which I think is an absurd considering any short tenancy agreement has for example 30 days notice these days.

I've been trying to get more days like 15-20 but the solicitor is not moving an inch. Before I gave the first deposit to secure the property nothing like this was mentioned, just now after I got all money sorted and are nearly exchanging contracts that they let me know about this.

I'm planning to go to citizens advice bureau as I'm feeling bullied with this.

What do you suggest me to do in this case? I'm researching online but I can't really find similar cases to this. Could anyone assist me with some thoughts and sharing experiences?

Thanks!

D

Dakota

Without having seen your agreement it is hard for me to comment. Do get in touch and I will be more than happy to review and advise. I have been an estate agent for over 5 years and have developed and invested in property in the UK and abroad.