Buying an apartment building in Germany

P

Piotr

Hello,

I have been interested in buying an apartment building in Germany and I'm wondering what area is good to look into? I have seen that many apartment buildings are for sale in smaller cities like Goerlitz and Magdeburg in eastern Germany. The square meter prices there are surprisingly low, in addition to claims of high yields.

Many of the buildings are also said to be fully tenanted and in good condition. As such, I'm wondering if it might be too good to be true? In particular, can one expect real estate prices to rise there, or is there even a risk of prices falling? What other risks are associated with buying an apartment building in Germany? I would have it managed by a property management company. Finally, what financing options are available in Germany?

K

kap-C

Hi Piotr,

You might want to take a look at this posting, which I made in this forum a couple of years ago. It should answer some of your questions.

E

essex

I too am interested, there is one apartment building in particular that is of interest but that is on Ebay.

R

REIP

I too am interested, there is one apartment building in particular that is of interest but that is on Ebay.
There are already some threads for Investment advise. You can not purchase a Property in Germany on ebay as it is against the law.
You have to check the Areas as best as you can, may get someone who has the knowledge and who can do that for you.