Best place for a US citizen in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clayton

Hey Guys,
I work for a multinational software company with a large presence in Western Europe; I have been offered an opportunity to relocate to Europe for a couple of years to help develop business. The offer doesn?t specify any specific location, in fact they are even open to me being reporting in an office in one of the countries and living in another as long as they are both in Europe.
By posting this I was hoping I could get some advice on what countries to focus on to avoid any surprises for taxation, salaries or cost of life. Obviously the correct choice should take in consideration the culture, the social life and other things more important than money, but it is also important to consider that. The countries I?m considering are UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.

Lots of thanks,

D

damien

Hi Clayton,
Why not have a look round Eastern France. You can then commute to Germany, Switzerland and Italy also. + get a cheapie flight to UK via Ryanair.
Strategically, that would be a reasonably good starting point to look.
The Iberian Peninsular being the only odd ball.
Thanks in advance

D

daniel

Hi Clayton,
I do hope you enjoy your time with us, I think you have a golden opportunity in front of you by visiting Europe, and should think long and hard in your choice.

Europe has a lot to offer and the experience would last you for life, I think it would be a good start to look at our country guides on the left of the forums, as these will give you an idea of what to expct and a good starting point as they are written by expats. I wish you good luck in wherever you chose to live.
Warm Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.