Go Back   Property Forum > Property Investment > Property in Asia > Thailand property

Thailand property Thailand is booming with its tourism industry and Thailand property is extremely popular with sun seekers. Whether buying a holiday home in Thailand or investing in property in Thailand, it is important to understand the issues related to property investment there. Share your views, advice and opinions with other investors who are considering buying or selling their property in Thailand

Good place to live in Thailand

Old 29-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Please update your flags here .

Users Flag! Interested in property in india
Default Good place to live in Thailand

Hi,
As you can tell from my messages, I am totally at a loss for where to live in Thailand. We are basically governed by the fact that we need to live near a good school (international a must). Our daughter currently attends private education in UK and we need to follow this curriculum, as my husband's work involves a lot of traveling so its easier for us to stick to this curriculum. We have a 12 month old and she will need to go into the same system. Anyway, we want to settle in Thailand and want to live somewhere great for kids, lots of fun, near to expat community/shops etc, but also away from the noise and hustle and bustle of city live (we do not mind traveling approximately 1 to 2 hours away from any venue). Please can anyone held, which is what we do now in UK! however schools will need to be somewhere between 20 and 30 mins away from where we settle.
Thanks all.
Nelson
Old 29-08-2006, 11:50 AM

Users Flag! Interested in property in cyprus
Default Good place to live in Thailand

Hello,
For your kids, I would suggest you to be in Phuket. There are British International School, Phuket. Established: June 1996 with British Curriculum and International Baccalaureate. You can look at their website: British International School, Phuket
I have been there once. It is not so far from town. Good one in Phuket.
Good luck!
Moises
Old 12-11-2006, 06:21 PM

Users Flag! Interested in property in thailand

Hi My name is Michael.I come from England and now live in Thailan.I can help you with anything you want to know about living here.Chaingmai is a very ice place to retire and the international schools are good. You can get me via my web site..cmprops.com regards mike.
Old 28-01-2007, 03:37 AM

Default holiday home villa rent Bangkok Thailand homestay vacation house rental thai property

as your husband is going to travel internationally you have to settle close to one of the international airports (Bangkok, Phuket & Chang Mai).

chang mai is thailand's second city - but is really o provincial town placed in a nice environment (mountains, jungle).

phuket is a holiday resort island with hotel chains, package tourists and overpriced properties

in bangkok the problem is a heat (some 5 celsius more than in the countryside) and air, light and noice pollution. Unless you find a property with a large garden and away from the street traffic somewhere in the suburbs you will be suffocating.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:56 AM

Smile living here in Thailand

Dear sir.I read your letter and i can help with your requirments about Thailand.I have been advising clients for 3 years and have our own company here giving personal advice.My email is mike@cmprops.com MY webb site is cmprops.com have a look and if i can be of help please contact me.Thankyou mike:
Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 AM

Default re living in Thailand

Dear Sir,I read your letter and i can be of help.I live and have my own company here in Chaingmai Thailand.All aspects of Law,Living here,School.Houses,Hospital plan,etc. My e mail address is...mike@cmprops.com feel free to ask,Regards Michael.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:37 AM

Default phuket according to global property guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by moises
Hello,
For your kids, I would suggest you to be in Phuket. There are British International School, Phuket. Established: June 1996 with British Curriculum and International Baccalaureate...
Moises

Phuket is a hotspot i agree with you. To nelson, It would be better if you take a good look and do some homework/research, be on the lookout for good people that won't steal your money and are well-known in thailand. Consider the positives and negatives of renting or buying your own house, get a guide

International Living - live, retire, travel, relocate, or buy real estate overseas
Global Property Guide - Asia - Thailand: Living There
Lonely Planet - Travel Classifieds

or maybe keep asking the pros in the area. I can give you a list of the best ones:

Global Property Guide - Asia - Thailand: Realtors

and you should go on from there

best of luck!!
gianne
Old 20-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson
Hi,
we need to live near a good school (international a must). , but also away from the noise and hustle and bustle of city life somewhere between 20 and 30 mins away from where we settle.
Thanks all.
Nelson
The bigger cities like Bangkok and Chiangmai have international schools. I think Phuket has one too.
You might Cross Bangkok off your list because if you need to be 20 minutes from school you are going to be right in the middle of a bustling city.

Phuket sounds a little more like what you are looking for
Old 31-07-2007, 10:43 AM

Default holiday home rent Bangkok vacation house rental accommodation Thailand

there are some 10 international schools in Bangkok, they are all over the city and some of them are in the suburbs.

maybe more importantly will be to find a suitable school and than look for a house around this school.

Last edited by massagelondon; 10-11-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 22-08-2007, 12:14 PM

Default 'Chiang mai' is another good choice..

It's the big & civilized city with nice and peaceful people, surrounded by nice view of moutains. The place is also rich by culture. On the other hand, there have been incoming crowd of foreigners over the last decades, who want to spend their holiday and lives after retirement.

Also, there are variety of international schools to support this demand.

Hope you make the best choice!

Azaya villa, Luxury villas from Chaing mai, Thailand