ad

What will Theresa May’s Brexit speech do for UK property?

D

diyhelp

Can somebody explain to me how Brexit will make such a massive difference to the UK property market? In my view nothing has really changed since the vote last year but all I see is doom and gloom forecasts.

R

realdeals

Theresa May surprised many people with her upbeat speech about Brexit. The UK will withdraw from the single market and trying to arrange a new trade agreement. Markets prefer to know exactly what is going on the otherwise they tend to re-evaluate assets on a worst-case scenario. So, now they know what is happening (broadly) they can begin to re-evaluate assets in the short, medium and longer term.

P

PropEx

Can somebody explain to me how Brexit will make such a massive difference to the UK property market? In my view nothing has really changed since the vote last year but all I see is doom and gloom forecasts.
Nothing has really changed because UK are still in the EU and will be for at least another 2 years.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Today’s news that the Supreme Court has rejected the government’s appeal regarding the triggering of Article 50 is not really a surprise. However, looking at the finer detail I was interested to see that local assemblies in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales will not be able to delay Brexit. On the whole good news for the UK property market going forward after a little more clarity today.