ad

Are you a follower or a leader when it comes to property market trends?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
There are new trends emerging in the property market on a regular basis. Those who are able to spot new trends emerging and "jump on the bandwagon" relatively early can make significant returns. Those who wait until trends are clearer will miss the initial upturn but still have the chance to benefit if the trend continues. So, are you a follower or are you a leader when it comes to investing in property markets?

L

lookinginvest

I prefer to follow long-term trends rather than jumping between relatively short to medium-term trends where you can sometimes get your fingers burned.

A

aurelie

I am always ahead of it. Right now, everyone wants to buy in Berlin - I bought years ago. :rolleyes:
Right now nobody is taking advantage of price dropping in Paris - I'm hunting already in order to buy in 2017.
Never follow what journalists say. The day it is in the press, its outdated.

N

nmb

Hi @aurelie many thanks for some great advice there. Your comment about journalists and press coverage is perfect. The day when everybody is a buyer or everybody is a seller is the time to go in the opposite direction. This is because even the most pessimistic of investors can lose faith if they have failed to join a bull market and will eventually get dragged in.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Hi @aurelie I was wondering whether you invest in stages when you believe a property market offers good value or whether you go all in and invest your allocated funds in one go?