ad

Vancouver at greatest risk of house price bubble

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
The Canadian city of Vancouver tops the list of real estate markets at greatest risk of a house price bubble according to the UBS Global Real Estate Bubble Index 2016. While the term “house price bubble” indicates that this market is at greatest risk of collapse in the short to medium-term perhaps it is just

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Continue reading...

P

PostBrexitInvestor

One investor’s house price bubble is another investor’s popularity contest. Look at the London property market - apparently it has been “overvalued” for many years now?

R

realdeals

I am very interested to learn the formula used to predict the house price bubble. Is it really as simple as UBS make out?

A

aurelie

It's not at great risk - the bubble is exploding already. Prices are falling every week now. No wonder, Vancouver. Went once and never got there again.
Boring, little town with no pints of interest at all. I prefer New York. :D
Sorry Vancouver. ;)

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Here is a question @aurelie - Like Vancouver the London property market has been described as “overvalued” for many years now. What do you think is supporting the London property market?

N

nmb

Will investors simply look to other areas of Canada for their real estate investment now that Vancouver seems to be "cooling off".

L

lookinginvest

Are the Canadian authorities doing the right thing in making it more difficult and more expensive for overseas investors (particularly Chinese investors in this instance) to invest in the Canadian property market?

N

nmb

Personally I think it is a dangerous game to put up barriers to foreign investors because you never know when you might need them!