Does the African property market still suffer from an image problem?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

There is no doubt in years gone by many investors have been reluctant to look at Africa despite the fact there have been some tremendous returns over the years. These impressive returns have in many cases involved taking additional risks over and beyond the “norm”. So, does the African property market still suffer from an image/confidence problem?

N

nmb

I'm sure I once read that in the future the African continent will have the largest population of any continent in the world. Surely this in itself must be a driver for economic growth?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
In short, yes it does. However as the population of Africa continues to grow so will demand for different types of property. Choosing the correct country, the correct property type and getting your timing right will be the trick.

L

lookinginvest

I have read a number of articles of late suggesting that the African property market could be the most lucrative in the medium to longer term. Improvements in economic output, greater disposable income and an ever-growing African population will guarantee that demand for property continues to grow.