ad

Help Getting out

J

Johan Nilsson

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.
As a start I apologize if this is an inappropriate/unallowed post.
I also want to start with that I'm willing to pay for this service, and appreciate anyone who wants to help or knows someone who wants to help?

To set the scene, I've been reading/researching heavily about property investments for the last 3 years, strategies, property types, mortgages, lenders etc started with Robert Kiyosaki.
I've been meaning to get into investing in property for the last year and have been actively looking at rightmove in various places to understand property and prices, and recently went to my first auction to understand guide price, start price, reserve price and sale price.

However I'm one of those guys who wants to make as sure as possible it's a good investment.
And that's what's been holding me back, as I've stuck in the start block in a state where I can't make out if a deal is good or bad and it just feels like a coin toss. With me being risk averse and a bit of an ocd when it comes to dotting, crossing and covering as many aspects as possible, I've just not been able to get going yet.

I've search the internet for checklists, processes excel sheets etc, but haven't really found anything.
All I found was property mentor sites without fees, promising cashflow millionaire within 7 months.
Alternatively 30 min skype for £95 or days of mentoring of thousands, I need something more flexible and personal.

Therefore I'm now reaching out for help for a bit of private tutoring!

I'm very analytical and structured and I would like for someone to "hold my hand" and teach me the process.
I've found a property which I think might be good (the skeptic in me is pretty certain it is not),either way this is primarily about me getting out of the starting blocks and getting more knowledge.
"The job should you accept it" would be to help me tie everything together and understand how to proceed, in a very check-listy, processy kind of approach.

Currently everything is just confusion in my head, I know there's viewings (with w/o builder, architect?),offers, builders quote, building survey, architect, solicitor and I have no idea of what comes when and how.

I think starting point is to verify or reject profitability, I know asking price and I have a good idea of ARV, what I would love to learn is what variables play into profitability, how to go about getting those and how through calculations understand which offer makes it a profitable deal.

The property I have in mind is a real heavy refurb / partial redevelopment, would be thrilled if someone with experience in this were to reach out!

Apologies for the lengthy first post
Looking forward to reading follow ups
Thanks!

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi @Johan Nilsson and welcome to the forum!

Happy to help in any way i can... every investor has their own approach and certainly doing robust financial profitability calculations is key before offering on a property. Due diligence on your property investment both financial & legal is key to becoming a successful investor. My first major life changing book was also "Rich dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kyosaki so you have a good start knowing the basic financial fundamentals and how investing works to give you passive income.

PM me and we can chat further about how I can help or indeed feel free to keep posting questions on the forum for all to answer...

D

djm

Hi @Johan Nilsson and welcome to the forum!

Happy to help in any way i can... every investor has their own approach and certainly doing robust financial profitability calculations is key before offering on a property. Due diligence on your property investment both financial & legal is key to becoming a successful investor. My first major life changing book was also "Rich dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kyosaki so you have a good start knowing the basic financial fundamentals and how investing works to give you passive income.

PM me and we can chat further about how I can help or indeed feel free to keep posting questions on the forum for all to answer...
Hello Nicholas

I am in the same situation as Johan. I posted a message in the JV forum about attending a seminar and training with Legacy Education. I don't wish to spend that sort of money on an institution when I am reading I can do this myself. Same sort of thing as Johan, no idea where to start off to get networking with sourcing agents etc. Living overseas I am unable to attend meetings, although if i start up a company in UK I am more than happy to fly over a number of times a year.

Legacy education is based on Rich Dad, poor Dad and I have read the books and understand all the information. So I have a well paid job here in Aus, cashed up and ready to go :)

Regards

Dave