ad

What was your biggest investment mistake? Did you learn from it?

N

nmb

While it is easy to concentrate on investment successes sometimes we learn most from our investment mistakes. What was the biggest mistake you made and more importantly did you learn from it?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
My biggest mistake was doing a new development (just internal refurbishment) without writing to the neighbours first. Although it wasn't a requirement they complained and made life very difficult for no apparent reason other than they could, they made incorrect allegations and caused serious delays when we'd done nothing wrong. I guess next time I'd involve neighbours voluntarily in future to hopefully get them on board rather than fire fighting afterwards... A political lesson but one worth thinking about.

N

nmb

I am a true believer that you learn more by your mistakes than you do by your successes. Those who "stop learning" along the way are more likely to become overconfident and believe their own hype. Let's face it, if you made a mistake which cost you tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds you would go out of your way to make sure it didn't happen again.