Go Back   Property Forum > Property Investment > The Americas Real Estate > North America Real Estate

North America Real Estate Join the North America property forum today to discuss real estate with like minded investors interested in the various regions of the US and Canada. This dedicated US Property forum has arisen due to member demand which seems to be a reflection of the housing market in The States. Many investors outside of the US are speculating on the potential of the American property market. Find out what is being said...

Like Tree8Likes

Where is the cheapest place to buy property in America?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:23 AM

Users Flag! Residing in albania
Users Flag! Interested in property in albania
2 likes received
Default Where is the cheapest place to buy property in America?

i've just moved out of my mums house. We were arguing too much and she just didn't get me in general. Where is the cheapest place to buy property in America, If you guys can list them i'd be really grateful, as right now home is NOT where the heart is.
emacneille and jeff jackson like this.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 PM

Please update your flags here .

Users Flag! Interested in property in usa
7 likes received

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawnyacox
i've just moved out of my mums house. We were arguing too much and she just didn't get me in general. Where is the cheapest place to buy property in America, If you guys can list them i'd be really grateful, as right now home is NOT where the heart is.
Hi cheapest place in the USA Detroit , but its not for all.. Also you may need visas in place and that takes time and money.. You could buy property to rent out I advice H75 throughout Georgia , Tennessee etc look on the map and pick out a few . Myself I have bought in Valdosta Georgia about 18 miles away from Florida and the weather is great . Also the area is quiet and Away from the tourist hot spots..
Buy to rent out and build up your own property business in the USA that way you could accelerate the visa you may need if you start a property business.
Anyway please stay close to your family and once you have a few days weeks away you may see things differently. Hold fire and do not react out of anger that may be a big mistake...
Property investment should be made after carefully consideration and the area has been visited and you are comfortable.
If you are still keen on the USA join us on a road trip along H75 one year where I go from key west Florida to Detroit Michigan, a few investors has already done this and it's an experience ..
emacneille and jeff jackson like this.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Users Flag! Residing in usa
10 likes received
Send a message via Skype™ to Drew Drew

Owendale - Nice post, but the expressway you refer to is called "I-75", not "H75"

The city of Detroit does have cheap properties, but those cheap properties are typically in undesirable areas of the city and thus are extremely high risk.

If need be, we can assist with finding properties in the city or nearby suburbs which provide safer, but still great, returns.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM

Users Flag! Interested in property in china

Kansas City is definitely a place to consider.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 PM

2 likes received

I live in Ohio in the Akron/Canton/Cleveland area and the prices are similar to Detroit. As with Detroit, some of the cheaper properties are in less desirable areas but you can get properties in decent areas for under $50,000 USD.
jeff jackson likes this.
Old 23-11-2012, 06:59 AM

Users Flag! Residing in australia
Users Flag! Interested in property in australia
1 likes received
4 likes given

You can consider one of these metros, Detroit and Pittsburgh. As these are cheapest place to buy a property in America..
jeff jackson likes this.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Granted I don't know what the "cheapest" area is in the US but I know Las Vegas was probably one of the hardest if not the hardest hit area in terms of real estate value. That might be the best bang for the buck. Slowly but surely tourism numbers have been increasing in Vegas and that bodes well for a full recovery in the future.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:06 AM

1 likes received

Hi,
I am looking to explore investment opportunities in US.

I have been contacted by US Invest to become a member ($995 for lifetime membership) and explore investment opportunities through them and avail other member benefits.

I would appreciate if someone who is a memebr of US Invest can share their experience.....or share experience with other agents for buing US property.

thanks,
RVA
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 PM

Users Flag! Residing in kenya
2 likes received
1 likes given

Nebraska

The average listing price here is $145,360, which is five times LESS than the average in the nationís most expensive state, Hawaii. Sure, Nebraska doesn't have beautiful beaches like Hawaii, but it still has a lot to offer. For one, the cost of living is very affordable in the Cornhuskers State. And speaking of Cornhuskers, if you're a sports fan, the athletic teams at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln provide year-round entertainment.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 PM

1 likes received
1 likes given

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA View Post
Hi,
I am looking to explore investment opportunities in US.

I have been contacted by US Invest to become a member ($995 for lifetime membership) and explore investment opportunities through them and avail other member benefits.

I would appreciate if someone who is a memebr of US Invest can share their experience.....or share experience with other agents for buing US property.

thanks,
RVA
RVA,

If your simply "looking" at this stage then save yourself $995 and don't fall for their traps & marketing strategies. No doubt they have made the whole investing in the US a big mystery and pay them a fee and they reveal you can only buy with their assistance cause they have all the answers and are the only ones you can trust. Google USInvest complaints and you will see one on the RipOff report which was withdrawn by the poster after the complaint was resolved....you'll get the idea. They will also make out that they a this big company based in New Jersey so another reason you can trust us. Their website shows a picture of a building they are in with the USInvest sign on the top of the building. This is 100% crap....it's been computer generated. They also share the lease with some other company. They operate some type of boiler room telemarketing people like yourselves for business.

In the end all they will sell you is overpriced turnkey property which they have no control over. Their advertising materials makes out that it's their properties they are selling and their construction teams and this is all lies. In the markets they sell in they simply deal with turnkey companies and generate some more commissions on top of the $5995 fee to purchase through them.

Why pay for information that is freely available if you know where to look. Why ask existing USInvest members.....they have already fallen for the one trick pony. Ask experienced investors who have already purchased...I'm sure they would be happy to assist....I know I would.