Florianópolis Island, Santa Catarina

Frank_London

Frank_London

How about Florianópolis Island, Santa Catarina State, South Brazil ?

Look this video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdkNR_QG1s4]YouTube - Florianópolis - www.ViaFloripa.com[/ame]

It is portuguese, spanish, german and italian area settlement.

Comments please.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I like it but my only problem is winter is in June, July, and August and it does get pretty cold then.

D

Dotty

Banned
Hi Frank,

Florinopolis is a wonderful place to live in .iT's a beautiful city,the whole region is stunning,the lakes are similar to those in Switerland,Austria etc beaches amazing,mountains,close to Argentine,so you can ski!!
Floinopolis has the highest standard of living in Brasil(does that have soemething to do with it been highly motivated and influenced by it's residents (German.)

It's quite bizarre because you can quite easily be in Europe.

Major difficulty,only one for me is the long haul to get there,apart from that it's a fab place to live and work. :)
How about Florianópolis Island, Santa Catarina State, South Brazil ?

Look this video: YouTube - Florianópolis - www.ViaFloripa.com

It is portuguese, spanish, german and italian area settlement.

Comments please.

D

Dotty

Banned
Frank I failed to mention that property prices are cheaper than Natal,food and restaurant prices are much cheaper than Natal also- oh and the gasoline too!
Hi Frank,

Florinopolis is a wonderful place to live in .iT's a beautiful city,the whole region is stunning,the lakes are similar to those in Switerland,Austria etc beaches amazing,mountains,close to Argentine,so you can ski!!
Floinopolis has the highest standard of living in Brasil(does that have soemething to do with it been highly motivated and influenced by it's residents (German.)

It's quite bizarre because you can quite easily be in Europe.

Major difficulty,only one for me is the long haul to get there,apart from that it's a fab place to live and work. :)

B

Blc

Frank I failed to mention that property prices are cheaper than Natal,food and restaurant prices are much cheaper than Natal also- oh and the gasoline too!

Floripa as its know is a great place i first purchased on the island 7 years ago and saw price rise 100% in the area i purchased. Prices are not cheaper than Natal no way in fact a 3 bedroom apartment in Jurere Int would cost 750.000 BRl.

On you tube you can see the standard of beach clubs under El Divino beach club and Parador 12 ... A vip table on sunday is 2.500 BRL drinks included.

Natal is what Floripa was 6 years ago. The distance is a problem from Europe sometimes it would take me 24 hrs.

Prices in some beach resorts are still quite cheap but they are tacky resorts aimed at the Argentines.. The best places are Jurere Int\ Praia Brava\ Praia Mole ...

D

Dotty

Banned
Hi Blc,

Jurere is where the rich and famous have homes,so it is pricey,but in general a home in Florinopolis is much cheaper than Natal.Florinopolis and Natal are very different places,architecture is very different ,people are different,beaches,the landscape are not comparable.I have travelled there on a few occasions,oh and supermarkets are much cheaper too!The lakes are incredible.........
Floripa as its know is a great place i first purchased on the island 7 years ago and saw price rise 100% in the area i purchased. Prices are not cheaper than Natal no way in fact a 3 bedroom apartment in Jurere Int would cost 750.000 BRl.

On you tube you can see the standard of beach clubs under El Divino beach club and Parador 12 ... A vip table on sunday is 2.500 BRL drinks included.

Natal is what Floripa was 6 years ago. The distance is a problem from Europe sometimes it would take me 24 hrs.

Prices in some beach resorts are still quite cheap but they are tacky resorts aimed at the Argentines.. The best places are Jurere Int\ Praia Brava\ Praia Mole ...

D

Dotty

Banned
Hi BlC,

Do you travel by coach from S.P (Q out) it's pretty stunning and takes about 14 hrs if I remember correctly.
Hi Blc,

Jurere is where the rich and famous have homes,so it is pricey,but in general a home in Florinopolis is much cheaper than Natal.Florinopolis and Natal are very different places,architecture is very different ,people are different,beaches,the landscape are not comparable.I have travelled there on a few occasions,oh and supermarkets are much cheaper too!The lakes are incredible.........

D

dhoskings

Hi Blc,

When was the last time you were there Dotty??

B

Blc

Hi BlC,

Do you travel by coach from S.P (Q out) it's pretty stunning and takes about 14 hrs if I remember correctly.
Hi Dotty

From Sau Paulo I use Gol 50 minutes about 500 BRL round trip.

B

Blc

Hi Blc,

I must agree i does seem everyone in Jurere has a Ferrari except me. They are 2 diffrent destinations Floripa by far the best destination in Brazil... I find the people not so freindly as the north east and the sea is aleays cold... I love the Oysters that you get fresh everyday goes dowm well with the Moet......

D

Dotty

Banned
Blc,

Try the bus route.It's stunning.and take a flight back.It costs around the same price as an airline ticket . You can purchase tickets with GOL on promotion from S.P on line for as little as 70,00 reais!!Check frequently.
Hi Dotty

From Sau Paulo I use Gol 50 minutes about 500 BRL round trip.

B

Blc

New Year 2008.
This is the site of a local agent I suggest you compare the prices I belive Natal prices are much lower like for like. 6 years ago a 3 bedroom apartment off plan in Jurere was 80.000 euros \ 280.000 BRLthe rate at the time was on average 3.5.. the same apartment today is 178.000 EUROS\500.000 BRL.

WWW.DOT COSTANORTHE DOT COM DOT BR.

The quality of build is higher in Florianolois and I think one of the reasons prices increaed so much was because land is no longer available. The obove apartment is not on the beach 500m away a unit on the beach would cost more than 1.000.000 reais. This is for property in the north in thye south much cheaper .

The main places are praias
Jurer
Brava
Mole

D

Dotty

Banned
We stayed at The White House on Canavarias Beach .I think that's how you spell it ,but what a treat!:):)
This is the site of a local agent I suggest you compare the prices I belive Natal prices are much lower like for like. 6 years ago a 3 bedroom apartment off plan in Jurere was 80.000 euros \ 280.000 BRLthe rate at the time was on average 3.5.. the same apartment today is 178.000 EUROS\500.000 BRL.

WWW.DOT COSTANORTHE DOT COM DOT BR.

The quality of build is higher in Florianolois and I think one of the reasons prices increaed so much was because land is no longer available. The obove apartment is not on the beach 500m away a unit on the beach would cost more than 1.000.000 reais. This is for property in the north in thye south much cheaper .

The main places are praias
Jurer
Brava
Mole

R

Ruban

I was there for 6 weeks from June looking at potential real estate opportunities. From what I could see, a number of developers were abandoning their projects or scaling back due to insufficient sales levels. I rented an apartment just behind praia mole and the complex was practically empty - although I was there for off-peak season...

Frank_London

Frank_London

Hi Ruban,

I am currently in Florianópolis and hope to stay here till March 2010. There are some good opportunities now in the off-peak season in the north of the island. For example, there are new developments from rewarded builders in the foreigner area called "Jurerê Internacional". They are already built and you can start to rent or move right now. In addition, the local builders have a financing scheme for international investors.

Please let me know if you or any people from the site require local assistance or insights.

R

Ruban

Potentially, but - as far as I could see - both the rental and resale market seem pretty unhealthy at the moment. Do you have any facts or figures about Floripa that could prove me wrong?

Frank_London

Frank_London

Hi Ruban, I would avoid off plan developments due economic factors and long term schedule and the developers may go into administration or bankruptcy. For example, Natal Golf Club and others develpments in Notheast Brazil.

I understand the best thing to do is to choose the property area and check with local brokers about the rentals. The resale market will depend on your ROI plan and future scenario, for example, one year time, three years time, etc.

Generally speaking you may receive an average rental of up to 1% per month of the value of your property considering the low season and high season.

J

JMBroad

Hi Ruban, I would avoid off plan developments due economic factors and long term schedule and the developers may go into administration or bankruptcy. For example, Natal Golf Club and others develpments in Notheast Brazil.

I understand the best thing to do is to choose the property area and check with local brokers about the rentals. The resale market will depend on your ROI plan and future scenario, for example, one year time, three years time, etc.

Generally speaking you may receive an average rental of up to 1% per month of the value of your property considering the low season and high season.
Frank,

Regarding your rental projections, 1% per month works out at 12% a year which is a fantastic rental return on any property worldwide. And I mean that in the true sense of the word... absolutely "fantastic". I would say there is absolutely nothing "general" about them - if anything they are achievable only in a select few developments.

Unfortunately it seems more and more property agents are promising higher returns in an attempt to outbid other property agents for the clients custom. Why is it necessary to promise 12% rental returns which probably are not achievable when in the current economic conditions, investors from Europe and the US would probably already be delighted with a safer 6% steady income per year in comparison to their 1% bank interest on savings accounts?

Your opinion on off-plan developments is totally the opposite to mine but to each his own :)