Go Back   Property Forum > Property Investment > Africa Property > Egypt property

Egypt property The property market in Egypt is primarily focused around the Red sea and Mediterranean coastline. Property investors are also buying in and around the main urban hubs of Cairo, Alexandria and Luxor, The Egyptian governments pro-active policies for attracting overseas investment has created an economic climate geared for growth in the Egyptian property market. Do you agree? Please state your views and opinions here on our new Egyptian property forum.

Recommended Solicitors - Page 3

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2008, 10:27 AM

Please update your flags here .

Users Flag! Interested in property in egypt
Default Hurghada based Lawyer

Can anyone recommend a Lawyer/ Solicitor in Hurghada capable of
dealing with 'ALL' legal aspects, incl, property/criminal/visa's etc, and
in english with full translation service ??
A posting here would be useful

Brook EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsab View Post
I've realised that we have a lot of recommended solicitors throughout various threads but it might be an idea to bring them all together. So if anyone would like to recommend their solicitor perhaps you could do so here. Why would you recommend them? What are their fees? On which development are you purchasing!

Thanks
Linda
Old 30-07-2008, 05:43 PM

Hi Suzanne,

I went ahead and used Mr Zeiad Yehia. He charged us a very reasonable price for looking at our contract and following it through to the end completion date. Everything was going well and he emailed us his views on the contract after we'd sent it to him. He suggested what needed to be changed and he did a great job of it. My only problem now is that i've been trying to reach him for nearly a week. The developer changed all the things that Mr Yehia suggested and now i need Mr Yehia to read the new contract that has been written for me. I've emailed him about four or five times but had no reply as yet. Do you know if he could be on holiday? or if he is off sick? Maybe he is just really busy? I realise i'm only really impotant to myself, but the developer is asking for the remaining 40% to be paid asap. Any advice or help or a contactnumber or address for Mr Yehia would be fantastic.
Thank you in advance
Old 30-07-2008, 06:13 PM

i got this number off him on the 18th july +20 12 334 4988 if this helps
Old 31-07-2008, 08:07 AM

1 likes received

Hi I am also waiting an email response from Zeiad. I think it is better to try and call him as he has sooo many emails. I told him he now needs to get a secretary!!
Old 02-08-2008, 01:40 PM
SuziQ2708

Quote:
Originally Posted by putneypj View Post
Hi Suzanne,

I went ahead and used Mr Zeiad Yehia. He charged us a very reasonable price for looking at our contract and following it through to the end completion date. Everything was going well and he emailed us his views on the contract after we'd sent it to him. He suggested what needed to be changed and he did a great job of it. My only problem now is that i've been trying to reach him for nearly a week. The developer changed all the things that Mr Yehia suggested and now i need Mr Yehia to read the new contract that has been written for me. I've emailed him about four or five times but had no reply as yet. Do you know if he could be on holiday? or if he is off sick? Maybe he is just really busy? I realise i'm only really impotant to myself, but the developer is asking for the remaining 40% to be paid asap. Any advice or help or a contactnumber or address for Mr Yehia would be fantastic.
Thank you in advance

Hi Putney,

I am sorry that I have been unable to reply to you until now. We have been in Egypt for the past two weeks, got back home at 6 a.m. today. I see that you decided to go ahead and use Zeiad's services. As I posted in another thread, Zeiad does sometimes take what seems an eternity to reply and on occasion you will have to be persistant until you receive one! This said, he is a busy man and does always respond eventually In answer to your original question, you probably know by now, but the Power of Attorney gives Zeiad the right to deal with various legal duties on your behalf throughout the buying process, he does not have the power to sign any contracts or the such on your behalf though, and the UK charges are in addition to Zeiad's fee.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:42 PM

Zeiad is okey and all fine. He got back to work after short brake in Alex. I spoke with him yesterday/today and hope he'll solve my issue quickly.

Take your time, we're in Egypt...
Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 PM

Default Power of Attorney - (POA) wording

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ2708 View Post
Hi Putney,

I am sorry that I have been unable to reply to you until now. We have been in Egypt for the past two weeks, got back home at 6 a.m. today. I see that you decided to go ahead and use Zeiad's services. As I posted in another thread, Zeiad does sometimes take what seems an eternity to reply and on occasion you will have to be persistant until you receive one! This said, he is a busy man and does always respond eventually In answer to your original question, you probably know by now, but the Power of Attorney gives Zeiad the right to deal with various legal duties on your behalf throughout the buying process, he does not have the power to sign any contracts or the such on your behalf though, and the UK charges are in addition to Zeiad's fee.
Does Anyone have a an English copy of a POA used in Hurghada for a lawyer to act on your behalf, which has been accepted, which they can show on the forum (deleting names of course and signatures. You will also probably find they are NOT in dual languages (you should at least get a full transaltion, ideally stamped as being a true copy).
These are NOT simple documents.
I have no knowledge about anywhere but Hurghada, but the Land Registry officials there often refuse POAs if they are too restrictive, therefore it not unusual for the POA to include things that you may not have thought necessary.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brook View Post
Can anyone recommend a Lawyer/ Solicitor in Hurghada capable of
dealing with 'ALL' legal aspects, incl, property/criminal/visa's etc, and
in english with full translation service ??
A posting here would be useful

Brook EG
could anyone inform me the name of a lawyer in hurghada that can help me with the final contract of sale to myself from the developer , also i wish to know are you still paying for the whole of the building if you are the first to register , and what is the down side of not registering as soon as you have completed i know a lot of these questions have been answered but lam finding it difficult to take in and find again now the time has come to finish the purchase , for the first part of the contract i used one that i no longer fancy , he charged far too much and not informative and dont want to be ripped of again .i am visiting hurghada in october and would like to have a meeting with one, also do you or would you take on your appt if the swimming pool and gardens are not fully finished but your appart is????????? all to confusing for a women,also can my sons name go on the registration document ,he is 14,! just a thought to protect him if anything happened to me!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:33 PM

Users Flag! Residing in uk
3 likes received

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisac View Post
could anyone inform me the name of a lawyer in hurghada that can help me with the final contract of sale to myself from the developer , also i wish to know are you still paying for the whole of the building if you are the first to register , and what is the down side of not registering as soon as you have completed i know a lot of these questions have been answered but lam finding it difficult to take in and find again now the time has come to finish the purchase , for the first part of the contract i used one that i no longer fancy , he charged far too much and not informative and dont want to be ripped of again .i am visiting hurghada in october and would like to have a meeting with one, also do you or would you take on your appt if the swimming pool and gardens are not fully finished but your appart is????????? all to confusing for a women,also can my sons name go on the registration document ,he is 14,! just a thought to protect him if anything happened to me!!!!!!
Not sure about a solicitor in Hurghada, it is difficult to find one. How far off are the pool and gardens, does your contract state the developer will hand the complex over fully completed and i have found many developments have the apartments completed before the rest of the complex. When you find your solicitor take his advice, on the last point make an Egyptian will and name your son as beneficiary to protect him and you.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:33 PM

Users Flag! Residing in egypt

Oh guys! I feel like "Wanted" lol.

Just to make sure, I have responded to all of you, didn't I?

Try having a situation that needs your full concentration then finding over 120 emails!!! Where some of them needs not to just reply, but to do a research, phone calls, confirmations, before you reply!

Anyway I have sorted all the issues that kept me busy, and I'm really in a good mood.

Dear putneypj,

I sent you this a few days ago, and it is me who is actually waiting for the revised contract since then.

fromZeiad Yehia <zeiad.yehia@gmail.com>
to ***** <******@****.***>

dateMon, Aug 4, 2008 at 4:05 PM
subjectRe: email i received from my agent about revised contract
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Aug 4 (5 days ago) Reply

Hi Mr. *****,

My phone number is +20 123344988. You can always call or text me.

Kindly let me revise the amended contract prior to your signature.

All the best,

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor
Closed Thread